PENDING Undeployed or delete apps still appear in Software Center

Hello All!

First time on this forums.

Got a problem with my SCCM server. Actually a few but I don't know if they're all related.

In the month of August, we've started to experience Windows Update (WSUS) issues as well as deployment issues. I've redone my WSUS (still experiencing other issues) but my deployments still experiencing problems. Let me all give you a situation.
  1. I create a deployment for Microsoft Visio 2016 (but it can be any software)
  2. I deploy to a test group
  3. The software appears in Software Center
  4. I test the install/uninstall process
  5. Once everything's good, I remove it from that deployment group. So right now, the software is no longer deployed
  6. I can refresh the policies as much as I want, Microsoft Visio 2016 still appears in Software Center.
This situation appears with any software, whether it's a new software all together or an upgrade. It also happens if the software is completely removed from SCCM.

I'm using version 1706 and all clients are on Windows 10 Creator's Update.

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Thanks for your help Edy but if you look at my number 6, it just does work. We're a month later on some deployments and they still appear.

That is what I did in step 5. Like I said, I can completely delete the application from the SCCM console and it'll still appear in software center a month later. The only way I can rid of it is by uninstalling and reinstalling the client. But, the whole thing repeats if I delete, create or update an application.

I'm having a consultant come in today to check it out. Hopefully we'll find a solution. I will post back and tell you all how it went.

Edy, as you can see, in the image below, there's no deployment for Microsoft Visio 2016 (64-bit).
upload_2017-10-26_8-46-25.png

In my software center, I still get the software. The deployment was removed last week.
upload_2017-10-26_8-46-54.png

I've retired and superseded Oracle Java 8 Update 144 when Update 151 was released.
upload_2017-10-26_8-48-10.png

It is still showing up in my software center.
upload_2017-10-26_8-48-37.png

Attachments

Hi guys, if you have any other suggestions, please let me know. The consultant is not coming today, but next Thursday... My bad.

Edy

Edy, as you can see, in the image below, there's no deployment for Microsoft Visio 2016 (64-bit).
View attachment 1044

In my software center, I still get the software. The deployment was removed last week.
View attachment 1045

I've retired and superseded Oracle Java 8 Update 144 when Update 151 was released.
View attachment 1047

It is still showing up in my software center.
View attachment 1048
lets try two things.

was the application deployed to multiple computers and all of them are still showing the app?

on one computer, try to reset ccm policies and validate if the software is still displaying or not.
Powershell command below.
Code:
$SMSClient = [wmiclass]"\\.\root\ccm\SMS_Client"
$returnvalue = $SMSClient.ResetPolicy(1)
if ($returnvalue) {
  Write-Warning "Error occurred while resetting the policy"
} else {
  Write-Host "Reset successful"
}
after that, on a different computer - retired the application from sccm, run machine policy on client and see if the app is removed from software center.

also check policyagent.log if your client is getting policies from sccm.

on one computer, try to reset ccm policies and validate if the software is still displaying or not.
Powershell command below.
When I run the Powershell script, I get errors but it still says reset successful, is that normal?
upload_2017-10-27_8-41-1.png

also check policyagent.log if your client is getting policies from sccm.
For PolicyAgent.log file, I don't have any error (red lines on cmtrace) and it look like it's getting the policies from the SCCM server without problems.

upload_2017-10-27_9-6-9.png

Here's the test:
  1. I've created a new app, Scratch Offline Editor.
  2. I've deployed it, as available, to my computer and another test computer.
  3. I'm refreshing the policies through the control panel applet, in the Actions tab
  4. was the application deployed to multiple computers and all of them are still showing the app?
    So to answer your question... Yes upload_2017-10-27_10-2-35.png
  5. I'm now retiring the app
    upload_2017-10-27_10-7-15.png

6. Refreshing the policies
  7. Refreshing the policies, again...
  8. The app still appears on both computers

Something else that could give us a clue... When I initially created the Scratch Offline Editor app, I've refreshed the policy for the first time on my computer. I then noticed I didn't put an icon for the software center:

upload_2017-10-27_10-26-31.png

I've then updated the app in SCCM, refreshed the policies but the app still shows up without an icon. On my test computer, I've only refreshed the policies after I've added the new icon, hence the screenshot in my previous post.

So to answer your question... Yes
You help is extremely appreciated... thank you so much.

Finally, what the consultant did was:
- Disabled IPv6 on our main server
- He changed the Software Update server to another VM, reinstalled all the components.
- Modified the pool memory size for WSUS to 1024000
- Added the "Dynamic Content Compression" server rule to one of our MP and other features.
- decompression of folders where our source files were located
Added on of our servers as a MP
Removed a server's MP role and then reinstalled it.

And the list goes on and on...

I'm not an expert but I don't think all these operations were necessary. Although our initial problem is now solved, we're experiencing other issues. Our consultant is not answering my email.

I will try to troubleshoot this myself, if I can't I might come back here for more help ;)

This thread can be closed.

Youssef Saad

If you still have the same problem, can you test clearing of the SCCM client cache? (%windir%\ccmcache)
After that, you run the machine and user policy retrieval & evaluation cycle.

Let us know of the result.

Edy

Finally, what the consultant did was:
- Disabled IPv6 on our main server
- He changed the Software Update server to another VM, reinstalled all the components.
- Modified the pool memory size for WSUS to 1024000
- Added the "Dynamic Content Compression" server rule to one of our MP and other features.
- decompression of folders where our source files were located
Added on of our servers as a MP
Removed a server's MP role and then reinstalled it.

And the list goes on and on...

I'm not an expert but I don't think all these operations were necessary. Although our initial problem is now solved, we're experiencing other issues. Our consultant is not answering my email.

I will try to troubleshoot this myself, if I can't I might come back here for more help ;)

This thread can be closed.
Interesting how its got to do with SUS if thats what fixed it.
I could replicate the same issue when i deleted the deployment when the application was in the middle of installing. The software was visible for a few days until it disappeared eventually. My case was to do with the supersedence.

upload_2017-11-13_14-2-28.png
So whats the other issue? out of curiosity. Do you have access to Microsoft Premium Support?

Interesting how its got to do with SUS if thats what fixed it.
I could replicate the same issue when i deleted the deployment when the application was in the middle of installing. The software was visible for a few days until it disappeared eventually. My case was to do with the supersedence.

View attachment 1083
So whats the other issue? out of curiosity. Do you have access to Microsoft Premium Support?
This problem happened with newly created software.

• I create a deployment for Microsoft Visio 2016 (but it can be any software)
  • I deploy to a test group
  • The software appears in Software Center
  • I test the install/uninstall process
  • Once everything's good, I remove it from that deployment group. So right now, the software is no longer deployed
  • I can refresh the policies as much as I want, Microsoft Visio 2016 still appears in Software Center.
And the software would stay in software center forever.

The other issues we're experiencing are newly created computers are having trouble downloading the latest CCM client version. It doesn't happen all the time though. So I don't know for sure if it's across our network or not.

If you still have the same problem, can you test clearing of the SCCM client cache? (%windir%\ccmcache)
After that, you run the machine and user policy retrieval & evaluation cycle.
Yes, I've tried that and that didn't work either. It looked like once the client got the initial policy (of a new software), it would not get any updates concerning that same software. But if I'd create a new deployment, it would appear. Any changes made to that software, would not be reflected on the clients.