KB3186654 Update Rollup 1 SCCM current branch version 1606. In this post we will go through the fixes updated in KB3186654. We will also see how to get this update and install it. This is a update rollup 1 released for SCCM CB version 1606. There are multiple fixes provided in this update. This update is available to install in Updates and Servicing node. Once this update is installed you need not reboot the computer. Once you install this update on a primary site, pre-existing secondary sites must be manually updated.
Issues fixed in KB3186654 Update Rollup 1 SCCM current branch version 1606
Some of the major issues fixed with this update are :-
- The choose Updates pane in the Schedule Updates Wizard incorrectly shows x86 as the platform instead of x64.
- Update packages when installed through Updates and Servicing node of the console show a status of “In progress” for installation when there are no redistributable files to validate.
- Clients installed through OSD may take longer than expected to start to install device-targeted deployments.
- Data received from Mac client not processed on site server.
- Inventory views not updated to reflect the removal of applications uninstalled from mobile devices.
- Windows Server 2016 is now available in the supported platform list for Content Distribution, Software Update Management, and Settings Management.
For list of all fixes that this update contains click this link.
How to install KB3186654 Update Rollup 1 SCCM current branch version 1606
In the Configuration Manager console, click on Administration, Overview, Cloud Services, Updates and Servicing. Right click on the KB3186654 Update and click Run prerequisite check.
To check the update pack installation status, click on Monitoring > Overview > Updates and Servicing Status. To monitor the update process, open the CMUpdate.log. Refresh the Updates and Servicing node. Once the update is installed the state of update is changed to Installed.
Launch the configuration manager console. Click on the upper left corner on the blue arrow and click About Configuration Manager. The console is updated to latest version. The console version is 5.0.8412.1307.