In this post we will see steps for troubleshooting sccm client push error 0x800706ba. When you install and configure configuration manager, the next step is to deploy the client agents to machines. In one my posts, I had listed the ways to install sccm client agent. Just by looking at the error you cannot guess the solution. You may have to check multiple things and then reach to a solution. Most often, I see users reporting client push error 0x800706ba while deploying client agents. Checking the ccm.log file reveals the actual error code.
CWmi::Connect(): ConnectServer(Namespace) failed. – 0x800706ba
—> Unable to connect to WMI on remote machine “computername”, error = 0x800706ba.
—> WNetAddConnection2 failed (LOGON32_LOGON_NEW_CREDENTIALS) using account sonesta\xxxxxx-install (00000035)
Troubleshooting SCCM Client Push Error 0x800706ba
Below are some of the steps listed to help you fix the error 0x800706ba. After trying out the steps, if you still face the same error, feel free to post the issue on my community forums.
1) Firewall – In most cases incorrect firewall configuration is the reason for this issue. Therefore ensure you have opened the below listed ports on the firewall. In addition the ports within the network (Internal) are always open. So you need to verify with the network team if they have allowed the below ports on firewall.
2) Firewall exceptions – Ensure File And Printer Sharing and WMI is opened on the clients firewall to allow the client push to work correctly. You may have to create an inbound and outbound rule, hence add File and Printer sharing service as exception to firewall and an Inbound rule to allow WMI. Turning off the firewall is not the solution here. You may need to check if the necessary ports are allowed in the firewall. Furthermore you should also never disable the firewall service using GPO or on local machine. In conclusion, check this link to see the steps to configure firewall exceptions.
3) DNS Issues – The error 0x800706ba translates to “The RPC server is unavailable“. You may have to check if you can connect to the remote machine using explorer (admin$). Example \\computername\admin$. To fix WMI related issues, you may also check WMI troubleshooting steps.
4) Client Push Account – Most of all, ensure that client push installation account is configured correctly.
5) Security Software – Most of the times a security software such as anti-virus blocks the client installation. So disabling security software on one of the computer and testing the client agent installation will not hurt.