This post shows the steps to install Dell command integration suite for SCCM. The Dell Command Integration Suite for SCCM is a software that extends the SCCM tool to provide management for Dell Business Client platforms. It supports out of band features as well as warranty utility. If you have got Dell laptops at your workplace and you want to manage them then DCIS will help you. It also integrates with configuration manager console. The latest version of Dell command integration suite is version 4.2. However support for SCCM 2012 R2 began with version 4.1. The new version has got some enhancements to catalog and driver cabs for download and processing. It also includes enhancements to operating systems and database permissions. Also the Dell command integration suite version 4.2 has been tested with configuration manager versions like 1511, 1602, and 1606.
Prerequisites To Install Dell Command Integration Suite For SCCM
- First of all you install Dell command integration suite on a system running SCCM 2012 R2 and above. The DCIS version 4.2 is tested with configuration manager versions like 1511, 1602, and 1606.
- Windows PowerShell should be installed and configured on the system running dell command integration suite.
- .NET 4.0 must be installed or present on the system before the DCIS is installed.
- To run the Configuration Manager task sequences on your client system, configure the Network Access Account.
- The account that you use to install DCIS should be a member of one of following groups. Full Administrator, Application Administrator, Application Author, Operating System Deployment Manager, Operations Administrator.
Operating Systems Supported – Microsoft Windows Server 2008 & 2008 R2
Microsoft Windows Server 2012 & 2012 R2.
Operating Systems supported on the Managed Node – Microsoft Windows 7, Windows 8.x, Windows 10.
Install Dell Command Integration Suite for SCCM
Download the DCIS tool. Run the DCIS setup as administrator.
Choose option Complete to install Dell command integration suite, Dell Command Intel vPro Out of Band, and Dell Command Warranty Utility. Else choose Custom to install the required feature.
Choose Complete. Click Next.